Our daughter and her family live in a Big 12 college town about a block from the football stadium. They have big tailgates for every home game where we get to hang out with family and friends.
Fall Saturdays are where I’ve gotten some amazing recipes and serving ideas. The ladies at the tailgate range in age from their 30s to their 80s and are some of the best cooks around! It’s really fun to get together and try everyone’s recipes.
This recipe is from our son-in-law’s family. Everyone loves these! Don’t let the process scare you. I was a little intimidated, too. But, once you make them and understand the process they will be one of your family’s favorites!
- 1 10 oz package marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Spray your jelly roll pan – this is a crucial step! Trust me.
- Completely cover the sprayed pan with wax paper and spray it again. Yes, you want to do this. It allows you to roll the combo in to a log that you’ll cut later.
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir and add Rice Krispies.
- Spread in the prepared pan and pat firmly. I like to use a butter/spray-covered large spoon for this step.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips. Melt by microwaving two minutes or according to how your microwave works.
- Spread over cereal within 1 inch of the pan’s edge on all sides.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes or until it’s set/cooled.
- Roll in to a log along the long side of the pan.
- Place seam-side down and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for one hour (and one hour only or it’ll be too hard to cut!).
- Take it out of the plastic and cut it up!