Our family likes lasagna anytime but I tend to make it more in the fall and winter. Fareway has their “our own” ground beef on sale from time to time when you buy five pounds. So, I brown three pounds first and make taco meat (perfect for my taco chili recipe or tacos). That goes in the freezer. I just use the same pan and brown the two pounds of hamburger I need for this recipe. If you don’t like tacos or taco chili, you might as well brown the entire five pounds in one shot – less mess!
But, back to the lasagna. This is a simple recipe – and I think that’s why my family likes it! Round out your meal with an easy lettuce salad and garlic bread.
- 9-12 lasagna noodles depending on your pan
- 1 large Ragu spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 2 pounds of browned hamburger
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 4 to 8 oz shredded parmesan
Preheat your oven to 350. You’ll bake this for 50 to 60 minutes.
Brown hamburger. Drain. Add sauce and simmer. Cook noodles as directed. Drain. Now the layering begins. First noodles then meat mixture, follow with mozzarella and cheddar. Top with parmesan. I use a 9×13 baking pan. My all time favorite pans are from PAN USA. You can find these pans at The cook’s Emporium in Ames and Ralphene’s in Clear Lake.
- Brown hamburger and drain
- Put hamburger back in the pan and add your sauce
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed and drain.
- Layer noodles, meat mixture, mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan – and repeat that until your pan is full. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 350