- 1 lb. hamburger
- ¾ Cup chopped green or red peppers
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 8oz. Can tomato sauce
- 1/3 Cup sliced dill pickles, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Yellow mustard
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
- ¾ Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cup chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, or use cooking spray. (I love my USA-Pan for this and most of my recipes.)
- In a large skillet Cook beef, peppers, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned; drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chopped pickles, and mustard.
- Unroll pizza crust on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six equal portions and stretch them into 6-inch squares. Place squares on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon hamburger mixture onto center of dough squares, leaving a 1 inch boarder then top with cheese. Fold dough up over edges of filling, pleating and pinching as necessary.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Top galettes with onion and additional sliced pickles.
Galette is a French word meaning a flat round cake of pastry or bread. I make galettes for lunch or supper and serve with a fresh green salad or fruit.
This recipe is not only tasty but it’s fun to make, super easy, and these little gems are great reheated. You’ll be sure to impress your friends and family with this one, Bon appetit!