- 1 16-ounce can pork and beans
- 1 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- In blender, purée the pork and beans and pineapple until smooth and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs and oil, add dry ingredients, mix well. Then add purée mixture and again mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased jelly roll pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (in my oven about 23/min.) cool.
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until smooth, spread on cooled bars.
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie! I admit I was skeptical … pork and beans and pineapple? Come on! But, turns out, it’s a pretty darn good combo. Then, there’s the frosting! It’s so good, it’ll be my new go-to cream cheese frosting for sure!
It’s fun to make this recipe and not tell guests what’s in them until after the first bite and see the amazement on their faces. This recipe makes for good conversation! Thanks to my friend Bob for sending it to me – definitely part of my bars and dessert recipe arsenal! Have some fun with this one and enjoy!