- 2 pkg. (14 oz. each) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- ½ cup sour cream (sometimes I sneak in a bit more)
- 1 can (14oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente.
- Return to pan.
- Stir in contents of cheese packets and sour cream.
- Transfer to greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes and pizza sauce
- Drop by spoonfuls over macaroni.
- Top with the peppers, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Why I Like Pizza Macaroni and Cheese
This is one of those recipes I snapped a pic of in a magazine somewhere. Now some of these recipes pan out and some don’t, but this one is a keeper! What I like about this recipe is, the ingredients are easy to just have on hand and fairly non-perishable.
Another thing that makes this a great family recipe is you can make this the night before and pop it in the oven when you get home.
It pleases everyone because you can hold back a bowl of the mac and cheese for your finicky eater (grandsons!). You can also opt to put peppers on half for the non-pepper eaters.
And, this makes quite a bit and keeps really well for lunch the next day. Everyone’s happy!